Skimmers for a 28g fowlr

poolshark181

Reefing newb
I know everyone has their own opinions about what skimmers are the best, but i'd like to hear them for my 28g fowlr. so far i hear the aquac remora is excellent?

I run the Aqua C Remora Pro on my 55 gallon tank plus 20 gallon sump. It does the job the best of any hang on back skimmer out there, in my opinion. It's the best choice for your tank and will be more than enough for it.

can't speek for the aqua c because i have never used one. the coralife super skimmer seems to be a great bang for the buck. it's what i have on my 55.

I hear the octopus is awsome but I use the prixim, but modded on my 30 and I'm more than happy with it.

ok, so the aquac remora has a nano version, rated for up to 25 gallons. do you think it would be ok to put that on my 28? or would it overwork it? im trying to scale back on my spending a little =/

You could use the nano, depending on how many fish you are planning on keeping. If you want more than a few, then I'd say you need a bigger skimmer.

ok, so the aquac remora has a nano version, rated for up to 25 gallons. do you think it would be ok to put that on my 28? or would it overwork it? im trying to scale back on my spending a little =/

I wouldn't go with a skimmer rated smaller than your tank size. In my oppinion, it would just hold you back from getting what you want to get livestock wise and also you will eventually want to upgrade it and it will end up costing you more money.

Brian

Back