silcone??

andersoned14

Reefing newb
andersoned14
[/URL][/IMG]is this ok to use in a sump?

:frustrat:Cant get my pic to down load It is DAP 100% silcone rubber sealant watertight seal. It says nothing about midew anything can you help please

does anybody know where that thread is that has the silcone you can get at menards or home depot in the painting department. I cant find it, but remember there was a picture of the tube and it was red and white. thanks

Just get a type I silicone, it is aquarium safe. The type II silicone is the one with mildew additives.

I got the locktite also, doesnot seem to be sticking to the tote that I"m useing so i put an extra layer of silcone on top and will leak check in the morning otherwise will go with a bulk head. But those are 3xs as much

Silicone will not "stick" to the rubermaid containers or acrylic. You just need to use ALOT of it, so it will hole it in place and not leak.

sometimes, silicone doesnt stick to well to plastics like rubbermade containers. You can try roughing it up with some sand paper to give it something to grab.

Also, you can make your own cheap bulkhead out of PVC elctrical fittings. Just glue the crap out the threads. But then it will be permanent

new question same sump!!! water fills sump from over flow faster than it drains into the wet/dry filter next to it. I have a 1" pipe feeding and draining thought it would balance out no luck. Would the best thing to do add valve to dicharge of pump to slow water down. Help please

lhifffuhjhvhbhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiruyeyyteryt r t tgturgt esgtsefgtservfevfvduvffsuhffjhjhf gtbhfbhcfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfgdbdgxgvdttsytsvtsdgysfgtsfytsgfzyUasgtSFYUsFTfUYfsZYfAFTSSD
[/QUOy8o'[;0hyb E]hb

new question same sump!!! water fills sump from over flow faster than it drains into the wet/dry filter next to it. I have a 1" pipe feeding and draining thought it would balance out no luck. Would the best thing to do add valve to dicharge of pump to slow water down. Help please

If you're using an overflow box, raise it up higher. Turn down your return pump so it's not moving water as quickly. You should add a valve to the return line, after the pump, so you can control the pump.

Back