Selcon?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I noticed Alexander asked for selcon as one of his gifts, and I picked him some up, but I have no idea what this stuff does, how it's used and how much/often you need it. Is this stuff the cats ass or smoke and mirrors?

It's a vitamin supplement. Good for the fish if you soak their food in it before feeding. Especially good if a fish is sick. A lot of people use it, myself included. Not regularly, but when I remember to :)

The mysids that I feed are selcon soaked from the package and my fish hate them, normal or not so much. Its Hykari brand if it makes a difference.

I use selcon with my San Fransisco Brand Mysis (cough cough Ryan should try cough cough) and my fish love it. I dunno if it does anything, but I know a ton of people use it and say that vitamin C is good for keeping fish healthy and it also is good for corals.

Alto mine will eat the Hykari stuff but the spit it out several times before they down it. They dont do that with the mysids in the Marine Cuisine that I feed.

No my Nori is garlic soaked and all of the fish I have eat that. Clowns, Wrasse, Tang and blenny all wait in line to feed.

Back