Secureing live rock

Depending on how cool you keep your house,you might want to keep a heater handy to minimize any big tempture swings.The best thing to do if you need the heater,is to run 2 smaller heaters instead of one.That way if one happens to stick in the on position you want fry your tank.

You might also want to think about T-5 light fixtures.They dont put out near the heat as halides,plus you dont have to replace the bulbs as often.With the right fixture you can keep anything.

I know this is headed in a whole new direction, but its been bugging the crap outta me. Those of you who run the metal halide lights do you even need a heater for your tank? I know them bulbs can get very hot. Also since i wont be getting halides for a while should i get 2 underwater heaters like i used to have for my freshwater? I saw these inline heaters for like the return of your water supply after filter, are they any good? Also could i put my heater in my wet dry filter and heat the water enough in there? Im loaded with questions so i will be sure to bug you guys about them :)

I would think its still a good idea to have a couple of heaters,even with MH.Two smaller heaters are better than one large wattage one.BTW,I like the Stealth heaters...they are black plastic heaters that blend in well.I keep mine in the sump and not the DT.Having them in your wet/dry should work fine.Sorry,I'm not familiar with the inline heaters.As you can tell we like questions so don't hesitate.

Best of luck

in regards to securing rockwork. I had a friend in hong kong that kept a 120 gallon tank. his aquascaping had one huge cave in the middle where all his fish hung out at night after lights out to sleep.

however, he had a nocturnal fish that was clumsy that bumped into a supporting rock near the top. it shook up the entire aquascape and the cave caved in, crushing almost all of his fish.

oh, and his octopus got spooked and inked the tank too, he was not happy -.-

even with this story in mind, i dont secure my rockwork, but i dont keep anything big enough to upset anything, except maybe my turbo snails

Back