Sebae

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
:shock:
Hey all ....
I have a question about my sebae it keeps flipping over ... it lets the nemo hang out for a little while then it just rolls over with the body facing up instead of holding it on to a rock or the ground....
is this normal?
THANKS
Rose and Jessica--
:shock:

That is what i thought it was attached to a rock but he likes to flip over i dont know why:-/ ... we flipped him back over and he is on the sand with the tomato clown is back in it

maybe to much current.and i used to have a sebae and it never put its foot down very odd then when i went to west virgina for three days it died

Rose
From what I've seen and read.An anemone that dont attach usually is sick.How long have you had the anemone?
If its a seba anemone,there supposed to be hard to keep and are extremely sensitive.

how long have you had him? he may need time to acclimate and find a place that he's comfortable in. if he's in strong current it may be turning him over, he will need a rock to plant his foot on. never experienced this myself. it's just a few random ideas.

I had a BTA that did that and he just got worse and worse before I flushed him. He was very close to death and if they die in your tank they can do alot of harm. I havn'y bought one since because I dont want to risk it dying in the tank. Good luck and I hope yours pulls through.

We have had it for about maybe 3 to 4 weeks. It still has color to it and the clown still feeds it. I am going to stop listening to the people at the lfs. I'm really starting to think they just want to sell stuff and not tell you the important things.
its sitting near a rock on the sand right side up, and it looks full. And the clown is still in it. would the clown fish still be there if it was dieing?

Yeah the clown would stay in it even if it was dying. Try putting it somewhere that it can attach to rock, instead of on the sand bed. Sebaes have a pretty bad track record, overall.

ok I'll try putting it on a rock. Now what will it look like if its dieing? I really would hate for it to mess up the water or kill anything else in the tank including the clown fish that bites me.

Back