?'s about quarantine tank

JohnVH

Reefer Madness
I am in the process of gathering equipment for my display tank. I have been reading a lot of information related to adding new livestock. My question is about setting up a quarantine tank. What size tank and other equipment should I consider for a quarantine tank. What kind of filtration and lighting can I use, keeping in mind that I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible. One other question related to quarantine, after I have cycled my tank should I quarantine my first addition to the DT. I am setting up a 45g w/ a 3 chamber sump about 20 -25g with a N100 Vertech skimmer. I am planning to use live rock and sand in the sump as well as the DT.:question:

Many more questions coming

Thanks for any input
I love this site

You need to QT and treat every fish you put in your tank, first ones included, for 4-6 weeks.

You dont need any specific lighting, all the tank needs is something for water movement, a heater and some PVC piping for the fish to hid in. I would go with 20 or 30 gal tank.

Be sure to test daily and have water made up on hand for when any of the levels start to rise.

However, many of us dont QT our fish. We just keep them stress free by not overstocking the tank, picking fish that are suitable to for the size tank you have, and other fish you already have, and we feed high quality foods. It keeps any out breaks of disease to a minimum.

Back