rock work

what do you think of my rock work does it need more rock a diffrent display.and a update on my suncoral.
IMAG0165.webp

IMAG0166.webp

IMAG0167.webp

Looks good BUT is the rock resting on the sand or on the tank bottom? Sand dissolves -slowly but it does dissolve. Critters can burrow under rock too and the result is an avalanche.

Some guy on 3reef had an avalanche and the rock and 70 Gs of salt water poured through the broken glass at 3am in the morning onto his living room floor and furniture. He claimed he stacked his rock very carefully. Guess it wasn't careful enough.

See here: I'm OUT!!! DONE!! (not for the faint of heart) - 3reef Forums

Oh yes deff make sure they are on the glass on the bottom. you can use epoxy putty and super glue. But make sure the epoxy is water safe. I use water weld plumbing epoxy and gel superglue

its on the glass, I need more sand. I was goin to go to homdedepo to buy some egg crate..and make some steps.what do you think.

Hmm ill be honest idk if I like how you can see the eggcrate. Just doesn't look natural. Why don't you just zip tie it all together or epoxy it?

Im adding more rock to cover all of it..I got the egg crate to stop rock from falling.and to make I taller.. Next week I will get some more rock..

Today I went to buy more rock.I added more rock but I think I should get the rock that's on the sand bed and put on top and add more sand to cover the first step.to give it a 2” sandbed.what do you think?
IMAG0133-1.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

Back