RO water

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
I just got my RO/DI unit and got it installed, my LFS's water was showing 28ppm of total disolved solids, im still rinsing out my new unit and im getting 30ppm. Was wondering what quality everone else is getting outta there units?

I don't have a TDS meter but a fellow reefer checked the freshwater I bought from the LFS.,it was 8ppm.In my mind I don't think 28-30 is bad.I guest the closer to zero the better.What reading are you getting straight from the tap?

My tap water was 285, as long as im below 50 i think i'll be ok. i tested it today after i finished filling my 5 gallon jug and it was reading 27 so it's still getting a little better. my tds meter came with a calibration solution but no instructions on how to, but the package says it's factory calibrated.

I still haven't hard plumbed my RO/DI unit but am hoping to find the time to do it soon. I tested the water i filtered today, and now that i've ran about 30-40 gallons threw it im reading 10-15 ppm, i forgot to test the water right after the pre filters though, i'll have to remember to do that next time.

Back