Ro/di

Im just RO, but I havent gotten to test my water yet... I should order a TDS meter today. my main reason was for drinking purposes. It doesnt smell like hard well water after it goes through. It was only 20$ more for the DI one...

6-stage unit

1st stage - sediment trap
2nd stage - carbon
3rd stage - carbon
4th stage - RO membrane
5th stage - DI
6th stage - DI

:mrgreen:

RO/DI here - and even though drinking the stuff is discouraged by some - having 15 gallons or so onhand is a good thing here in earthquake country - we had a 5.6 this evening and I felt better knowing I had a large source of clean water... and my tank residents appreciate it too. So far, no water problems at all.

I heard that DI water can strip the mucous out of your mouth, throat and GI tract. Apparently, thats bad. I don't know--thats just what I heard.

I don't drink my RO/DI water. It's for tank use only.

I have heard the same thing about straight DI water, but I think RO/DI water is OK and for sure plain RO water is fine, since they sell it to drink at Wal-Mart. I am not scientist tho. My buddy has been doing his fish store for years and has been drinking the water for just as long. He isn't dead yet. I have been drinking the water for over 2 years with no ill effects.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back