RO/DI Systems

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I'm starting to look into getting me a ro/di system so I don't have to keep running to the store to refill my jugs every few days. I'm a little confused on how they work and how large a system I need. I have my 75 gallon so I imagine I don't need one with a huge gpd rating. I basically top off about five gallons maybe once a week or less and do a 10 gallon water change once every three weeks so far. I would probably do it more often if I had the water readily available.

Anyways, how do I set one of these things up and how big a one should I be looking for to suit my need?

You can get a great 75 or 100 gallon a day system.From air water ice.com they have some great specials.Most reefers buy 75/150 gpd systems.We have a 75 gallon system running so we bought a 75 gpd system and we change 15to 20 gallons every two weeks.RODI should sit for 24 hours before mixing salt.If you are waiting 3 weeks i would do a larger water change

I just got one from BRS, they seemed to have the best pricing out there. Also, their customer service is top notch. So even if it was a bit more, I would have still ordered from them.

Have yet to hook it up since the connector I ordered to hook it up to the plumbing was out of stock and hasnt arrived yet.

Ok, but I still am unclear on how it actually works? Will I have to hook it up to a hose or faucet? As it's running through the filters, will I need a large bucket for the filtered water to go into? I don't have a lot of room for a big can or anything to store water so I'mm be making it as I need it basically. So really I only need it to make maybe 20 gallons a day if that.

Typically, RODI systems will hook up to your plumbing beneath the kitchen sink. If you want to attach it to your faucet, you will have to buy an adapter separately.

You will need a bucket for the water produced. The waste water created goes down the drain via the plumbing you hook up beneath the sink.

I have a 5 gallon bucket with a float switch.when its full i dump it into another bucket.I had a thirty gallon barrel but don't have room for it any more and the stack of five gallon buckets fits in a closet

Back