Remora Prefilter Box Problem

drm180

Reefing newb
I installed my Remora skimmer a couple days ago with the prefilter box. It took a lot of adjustment to get it to not let the pump run dry. After I fixed it, it ran for about two hours before the box shifted somehow and leaned to the right. I put some paper towels between the box and my tank top and it worked for about a day. I came home this evening and I have no idea how long the pump had been running dry. It is screwed like the instrucions say. Has anyone had this problem? Please let me know as soon as you can. I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday.

I had that same skimmer...its a bit tricky, the stupid set screws have to grab onto your pump, so check that the hose isnt too long or something. Good luck comrade...

Blarggg... I wish there was a way to hook it to the tank or something. It just doesn't seem like a very good design to put screw on one side when it must set level. I guess I'm just going to have to sit and mess with it for a while huh.

I have that same skimmer and right now I do not have the preskimmer box on. I screwed the screws in and I was not able to get the skimmer box level and sitting nicely with the water level in the tank. I am keeping mine off until I am able to get more live rock to help keep the skimmer box in place. I am planning on leaning rocks against the skimmer box to help hold it there. I really am not a fan of the screws on to the pump inorder for the skimmer box to stay on.

Back