Refractometers

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
What's a good one for under $50?

What's the difference between a $200 refractometer and a $30 one?

Directions on some say "prism and sample must be at the same temperature" for accurate result? How do you ensure they are the same temp?

I just got mine off of Drs. Foster and Smith for $40. It was the blue one. :) I'm not really sure why there's such a wide price range. They all do the same thing. Be sure to buy some calibration fluid when you get yours. The calibration fluid can be found on Ebay for around $5. Some refractometers auto adjust for the temp. I think that's what that sentence is referring to.

I got mine for $24 new from doing a quick Google search and couldn't be happier. Its is extremely easy to use and seems to be consistently accurate. There's a link to it in my build thread.

I saw one for over $100 the other day which was lighted. You now longer have to hold it up to the light. Wow amazing a little flash light thingy for only $60. :lol:

Hahaha David! The thing is, I can totally see you buying that!! :lol: I mean, what's a guy to do when you decide to check your salinity in the dark??? :mrgreen:

Back