Razorblades

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
Is it possible to scratch glass aquariums with a razorblade? I have one to 'scratch' off the hard deposits on my glass...and I'm chicken to use it....I'm afraid I'll leave deep scratches. :question:Thoughts? Thanks.

Not really. Most people use razor blades on their tanks. I have a razor blade attachment for my MagFloat and it's great.

What can happen though, is that you get a grain of sand stuck in your cleaning magnet which scratches the glass. That seems to happen a lot more often than people scratching the glass with a razor blade.

You can scratch the glass with a razor. I have a biocube 29 and the front glass is beveled (or curved). I always scrape sideways. If you scrape up and down the two ends of the blade will scratch the glass.

I have experienced this with my Red Sea Max. I believe that you can put fine line scratches in the glass if you are not careful. Also if you scrape at the wrong angle.

I use a plastic scraper from home depot. seems to work pretty good. but like Biff said.. look out for that pesky sand.

I use a scraper from DRS F&S.

St_th_handheld_36713DZ.jpg

Works great.

I would never use a blade though...my stupid clowns always attack the scraper, I can just imagine them slicing themselves up on the blade!

Back