question

Will it effect my tank much if i move my powerheads...like where they are in the tank..my rock is starting to pile up and had to move 2 of them.?

it may affect some of your corals though. If you currently have low or medium flow corals and you move the powerhead and those corals start getting high flow ... you may have to rearrange your corals slightly depending on their placement

+2 Reef and Brian
The only time moving a powerhead is a bad idea,is when you have an anemone in the tank.And thats just because theres a good chance the different flow pattern will cause the nem to take a hike and possibably sting your corals.

it may affect some of your corals though. If you currently have low or medium flow corals and you move the powerhead and those corals start getting high flow ... you may have to rearrange your corals slightly depending on their placement

+1

I rearranged my powerheads to get rid of some dead spots. My Brain coral didnt like it, gave it a few days to adjust and stil didnt like it. Moved the coral to a lower flow section of the tank and it is starting to do better.

Back