PVC Glue.....

dskirtech

Reef'n The Day Away
Guys (and gals)

just finished plumbing everything for the new overflow box. I used rigid 1" PVC, a couple unions, Elbows, etc. Obviously i had to glue most of it together...

The glue is completely dry, but I still smell the glue fumes in the pipe... when am I ok to actually allow tank water to flow through it?

Will it hurt anything in my aquarium?

To be safe, I'd wait 24 hours. But I've always plumbed mine straight to the tank as soon as it dried -- within a couple hours.

Thanks Sarah. Ill give it a couple hours more (its been 4 already).... Just dont want to leave my pumps off too long... I still have the Koralias maintaining flow.

PS... Are you ALWAYS on LR.com?!?!?!

I allow 6 hours to completely dry... but honestly I usually plumb in the evening so I end up waiting until the next day to start running the tank, lol.

The glue should be perfectly fine. I've done the research on that one :P I once knocked over a brand new bottle of pvc glue into the 100g sump of a couple hundred gallon system.... and all that happened was a funny skin across the surface of the water.... it didn't affect anything. Glue seems to set up REALLY fast when you hit it with SW.

I wouldn't worry about fumes or anything.

Thanks Sarah. Ill give it a couple hours more (its been 4 already).... Just dont want to leave my pumps off too long... I still have the Koralias maintaining flow.

PS... Are you ALWAYS on LR.com?!?!?!

have you seen her post count? she's not a real person, just a robot that posts on LR all day.

have you seen her post count? she's not a real person, just a robot that posts on LR all day.

Shit. NO DOUBT.... However, I cant say anything, On DodgeTalk Forum, I am over 30,000 posts in 4 years...

Yes, Just call me Dane "Post Whore" Skirtech!

Thanks again Team. Ill give it 6 hours and start adjusting.

I did decide to do 100% rigid plumbing on the Overflow->Sump. turned out REAL nice.

Not to mention, it was 300% cheaper than using this $3 a foot flex stuff!

Back