pump ???

fishbait

I found Nemo
hopefully, in a couple of weeks i will have some extra money to feed my crack-like addiction to reefing. my upgrade is going to be sump/refugium. i am trying to figure out which pump to get. it's down to the mag 9.5 and the comparible flow Quiet one from rainbow. i havent heard anything about the rainbow besides they are quiet. how quiet is the mag drive pump? any experience good or bad from anyone? as far as cost the rainbow is a little cheaper but not much. i am leaning more toward the mag drive pump unless they are noisy. then i will go with rainbow unless they are crap.

I cant tell any difference between the 2.Mag-Drives dont make any more noise that the Quiet ones,At least not the ones I've been around.

Vibration isolation for mag 2 pump sitting on bottom of tank. rubber stops 1 1/4" or so, #8 stainless screw in center each stop
Hope this helps:

IM002718.JPG

IM002719.JPG

Last edited:
There you go,Jhnrb got you covered.Mine doesn't make a noise that I can here just vibrate from place to place.(I worked in the car audio business so I might be death,jk)I like them cause they can be use in or out of the sump just encase I ever want to change my setup.

i ordered the mad drive 9.5 today! and an overflow box! i'm so giddy! can't wait until it gets here so i can get my sump running. b.t.w there are some good deals on one of the ebay stores. i got mine for 67 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping. they beat the heck out of everyone else's prices.

right now the sump won't be much to look at. it's just a rubbermaid tote. matter of fact my sump is so generic that it's not even the rubbermaid brand. it's the 5 dollar wal-mart storage tote with the lid removed. my stand isn't big enough for anything bigger than a 10 gallon tank underneath. i'm currently building a new stand so i can use a 20 gallon long tank for a sump with a refugium incorporated on one end. i think that i can safely sqeeze about 8 gallons of water into the tote. so, maybe it will work well enough until i can get the funding to finish the stand and sump. i just spent all my extra money today on the pump,overflow box, a new coralife digital thermometer and a calcium test kit. we are poor boy reefing around my house.

Poor boy reefing beat not reefing at all,lol.
Shoot,The LFS I help out at uses those wal-mart totes for sumps to.If it works,then save the cash for more inportant stuff like corals.
Congratulations BTW.

Back