protien skimmer

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so question...I had thought about either getting a HOB skimmer or a skimmer that I could set beside my sump...here is a question: what are the logistics of using a HOB skimmer and having it hob of your sump?
:bowdown::bounce:

You can hang an HOB filter off the back of your sump the same way you'd hang it off the back of your tank.

But if you can, get one that sits inside the sump. Or you can get a recirculating skimmer that sits next to the sump, like mine.

i feel ya on the money thing. i would rather just get a good one for more money. and have it work better to where i do not need to upgrade it down the road.. what size tank you putting it on.

i can get octopus skimmers. in my opinion they are the most bang for your buck skimmer out there...
Reef Octopus DNWB-200 Protein Skimmer
not sayin you have to get this one. but i would get something similiar to it.
other reasonable priced ones that are decent would prolly be asm skimmers. and vertex is making a good name also.. as far as price i can be competative or match pricing sometimes cheaper.

That is a good price, but the problem with these no-name knock off Skimmers is that you never know if it's gonna be a great piece of equipment or a piece of crap. You always take a chance and if you go with it then you have to be prepared to have wasted your money. With 'known' products they have been tested and proven by many hobbyists.

I feel that these cheaper products made in China cropping up everywhere are made by some of the very same Companies that make the well known brands. Ultimately these knock off brands are going to force the American Companies to lower their prices. This has happened with almost every product being sold in America now.

I would probably take the risk, but could in no way recommend anyone else do the same. That's a decision you will have to make. Everything seems fine but there is no name to back it up.

Back