Project5k and the new 75Gal salt tank

really, then why all the hoopla about getting rid of them?
oh, and my crabs love the shrimp in a stocking, i think they think its a damn toy...

yea, the zoas that got aipstasia-x'd are getting smaller, and more retracted.. i may have killed some of them.. darnit.. but the other ones look relatively happy, they open up when the lights are on, and close up at night.. so.....

What do you mean why all the hoopla about getting rid of them? No one on here says to get rid of them! I love my bristleworms.

A few dead zoas is a small price to pay for an eliminated aiptasia, IMO!

well then i'll pull the panty hose when i get home, and say welcome.. i did see him once tho, i was feeding snowflake and i dropped a krill head near the zoa rock, and he was tuggn on it.... thats actually how i found him in the first place...

ok, well, i havent found any more aipstasia, so for now, i'm gonna say "sorry little buddies" to the zoas that i killed, and good riddence to the aips.

yes sir... done and , one request sir, may i take out the dead shrimp first sir?

how did you know i used to wear them(when i performed in the rocky horror picture show)???
i plaid the criminologist and dr. scott ...

well i've been watching my zoas and the ones that i thought i had killed with the aipstasia-x have opened back up, so maybe i'm gonna get lucky.. i just cant wait till i can start fragging them out, i gotta get a bunch of different colors all on one rock... thats my ultimate goal with them...

The Aiptasia-X usually wont bother zoanthid to bad Project.The zoas dont eat it like an aiptasia does,so it shouldnt hurt em.

yea, but i was worried there for a while, it definately irritated them, they closed up real tight for a few days, but i guess they got over it...

I gotta get me more shorter wavelength light in my tank, i want them puppies to GLOW!

oh, and i forgot to mention, that i'm finally starting to see the first signs of some hair algae, so its time to get that new fuge and super algal scrubber finished up and installed.....

i might outta also think about getting something that will eat it... i'm surprised that its taken this long, considering how long its been since George died...

Last edited:
alrighty, i was looking on drs f&S and i didnt see anything like that, do you know of a good source of info to read about that bulb, i wanna make sure it fits into my plan or see if i need to adjust the plan to make that fit...

Oh i see now, ok, gee, i'm looking at that and i'm thinking that a person could run several of thoes and not have to have a bunch of different bulbs.. thats got the blue and the white in it... hmmmm

i have on my tank

4-ATI aquablue plus bulbs
1-GE 6500k
2-ATI aqua blue special
1- ati 75/25

the ATI aqua blue plus has one of the highest par values of any bulb it combines the actinic with day spectrum's

hmmm interesting, i went and looked at the most recent pics i could find of your tank, and it looks really really blue to me... is that just the camera messin with me, or is it really that blue(i know its kinda relative) but i'm just currious...

also, with 8 bulbs, i'm currious what your on/off sequience is...

it has a blue tint to it but yea the camera adds a lot of blue also.
my lights run for 16 hours total 2 blues come on 2 hours before the other 6 than go out 2 hours after the main 6 turn off.

Back