Powerhead Magnet

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I have no idea how this happen but my magnets to my powerheard has reversed polarity. Does anyone know how to make them right? You can't just trade them.

Tried they repel. I know there is a way you can do it but I can't remember how. If Idon't figure it out 'll email the company. Maybe the can help. It's a new powerhead only a few months old.

Are you implying that Piggy has been turned...electrical? And that if she touches a magnet it will reverse polarity? That would be such an awesome super power!

No silly she is not Magneto,she mentioned getting zapped that her fingers were still numb the next day.Maybe the electrical charge reverse the polarity on the magnet.

Take it and put the magnet against your television screen that should fix it :p lol dont do that, ive never heard of a magnate randomly reversing its polarity, maybe it a sign of things to come on a global scale RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Biff, for a magnet to reverse polarity from electricity the electricity must be channeled through the metal of the magnet itself, and being its a powerhead magnet there should be no metal in open contact with the water as it will corode. The only thing that can cause a magnet that is waterproof to reverse polarity is a an electrical coil. The powerheads motor is an electrical coil and if jolted with enough electricity it could cause an electromagnet that would do that, i would send that whole powerhead back to manufacturer and try to get a new one, it may break and shock your fish at some point in its life.

No silly she is not Magneto,she mentioned getting zapped that her fingers were still numb the next day.Maybe the electrical charge reverse the polarity on the magnet.

You might be onto something there Reef.
Piggy did say that when she hooked up her new pump that she had some electricial current running astray.That very well could have reversed her magnets.

hmm. have you looked at a compass to see if it's spinning in circles? you may have gotten sucked into a black hole or some 3rd deminsion or something. :)

This really sucks. I cleaned my small powerhead and now it also reversed it's polarity. I am not touching my other two. I'll have someone else clean them. This just doesn't make any sence to me.

DAD GONE PIGGY.
That jolt you got must have really screwed with your polarity and is messing with your equipment.

I talked to a friend... Who has very little knowledge of this topic, admittedly, but maybe you should get your blood checked for high iron levels? If you have really high iron levels, you could have magnetized your own blood! There is a disease that causes abnormally high iron levels in blood, it's called hemochromatosis. I have it. People with very serious cases can set off metal detectors with their bodies.

Piggy, I talked to my physics professor today. He said he's never heard of something like that happening, that you can only reverse the polarity of a magnet if you have a really strong current going through it. So he has no idea what's up. And this dude is a PhD. And he's European. Total nerdo. But he says that if it is you that's messing them up, it should wear off with time :).

Back