Power outtage help!!

Tanner

Tanerious Swimeroundus
So basically my power went out due to a winter storm, what do I do with my tank ? How much heat will it lose?!

Thanks guys

sent from my iPhone by the way invade u were wondering how I was typing with the power out

Try wrapping a warm blanket around it to keep it insulated. The two biggest concerns right now are A) temperature and B) water movement.

It sounds dumb, but you will want to stir up the water a bit by hand frequently. You can use a wooden spoon or a paddle or something like that.

Hopefully your power will come back on again soon. Try to do everything you can in the meantime to keep the tank warm.

Thank god , i found my old generator, that puppies doin the trick. But unfortunanetly I used a styrofoam cup to get my filters prime back, and now there are pieces of styrofoam floating around >_>

You can also take a plastic pitcher and dip and pour the tank water several times every 15 minutes and that will help circulate the water. That has worked for me many times. Good luck.

Woo Hoo!!! Generator!!! Got one here in my shed too just for that crap. We lose power here on a nice sunny day for hours!!! I have since installed a transfer switch so I can run most of my house on the generator as well. I loved it when the power went out Dec. 20 after 20" of snow. We were the only house on the block with lights, Christmas lights going, fish tanf perking away, the neighbors were all like "YOU have a generator?" LOLOLOLOLOL....yup, want an extension cord? I said to them...muhahahaha

The BEST investment I ever made on my tank,was my generator:D
Yeah,the wife fusses because its for tank use ONLY :D But if the power goes out in the winter,we got a fireplace.So there the heat for the house,the stove for cooking.Yeah,I dont see that she's got anything to complain about.

The BEST investment I ever made on my tank,was my generator:D
Yeah,the wife fusses because its for tank use ONLY :D But if the power goes out in the winter,we got a fireplace.So there the heat for the house,the stove for cooking.Yeah,I dont see that she's got anything to complain about.

You can get a manual transfer switch real cheap, run certain circuits in the house as you wish, fish tank recepticles first, of course!:bounce:

You can get a manual transfer switch real cheap, run certain circuits in the house as you wish, fish tank recepticles first, of course!:bounce:

She's already spoiled enough:mrgreen:

Though we have talked about having a natural gas powered whole house generator installed.But we dont normally loose power,and when it does go out,its usually back on within an hour or so.

That's what I did SeaBee. Tank, television, internet, fridge, and a wood stove. This way I get a warm tank, warm house, entertainment and cold beer!
:Cheers:

Back