Picking up some Frags in the morning

Looks great Lion.
You might want to place the plate on your sand though.From what I understand they perfer to be able to move around some.

Yep the plate coral should be on the sandbed, as it will inflate and deflate. If it tries to inflate on the rocks it can tear itself and die.

Thanks guys !

wasnt aware of the plate needing the bottom
I thought i would place it in the middle somewhere for better light.
i moved it down. lol ( im typing with a wet arm lol)

salt is not corrosive at all. I clean everything with salt water :)

nice lookin corals! your just lucky I fell asleep on this thread while we were waiting for pics or I would have joined in! :)

great shots. How big is your volitan? I had an 8" beast for a while, til it suddenly died, about a year ago, in my work tank.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Id say he's 4 to 4'1/2 in. Im still waitin for yote to come over and hold him for me to measure.

He is really gettin bigger latley and has more of a hunger since i droped to feeding once a day.
I need to Get a lil fish bowl so i can put more feeder fish in for him

Do you feed him silversides or krill? I fear, based on your title of "Goldfish Abuser", that you may be feeding him goldfish. Just a word of caution (which you may already know), freshwater fish lack the omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your lionfish's liver. If you feed him only goldfish, his liver will fail and it will be a miserable death. Silversides are much better for him. If you are looking for a cool kill...drop in a damsel. Just avoid goldfish.

Id say he's 4 to 4'1/2 in. Im still waitin for yote to come over and hold him for me to measure.

He is really gettin bigger latley and has more of a hunger since i droped to feeding once a day.
I need to Get a lil fish bowl so i can put more feeder fish in for him

I'll pass on that bud.Once is enough:grumble::Cheers:

Do you feed him silversides or krill? I fear, based on your title of "Goldfish Abuser", that you may be feeding him goldfish. Just a word of caution (which you may already know), freshwater fish lack the omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your lionfish's liver. If you feed him only goldfish, his liver will fail and it will be a miserable death. Silversides are much better for him. If you are looking for a cool kill...drop in a damsel. Just avoid goldfish.

Due to his size he is limited to the type of fish Right now
I feed him Tiny goldfish once in a while His main Diet consists of
Krill
Brine Shrimp
Spirulina Brine Shrimp
Plankton
Mysis
The ocasional Emerald entre'

If he really is about 4 inches, assuming head to tail, he can easily take a silverside. If you are concerned, just break them in half while still frozen and he will greedily gobble them up. They are amazing creatures and can eat food the same size as their body (although not sure if that is a good idea - aim for about half his size). You will find that he grows at an amazing rate when he gets silversides. They are probably the best bet for nutrition, as well as krill every week or so.

Back