panther grouper...

today got a panther grouper....for my predator tank...1 1/2... i paid $10....does anyone have one too...any tips..i did a little research but i want to know more...

How big is your tank? The get 1'8" and need 300 gallons.

Can you be more specific on what you want to know?

today got a panther grouper....for my predator tank...1 1/2... i paid $10....does anyone have one too...any tips..i did a little research but i want to know more...
They eat a TON. All depends on how much you feed and how fast they grow. And as stated above, he will get quite big. but no worries they isn't going to happen over night. Very cool looking fish, but doesn't do much.

It will outgrow a 125 in time. Be sure you have a place to take him when that happens! Reef Nutz is right -- it doesn't happen overnight, but panther groupers are much faster growing than a lot of the other large predator fish. I really don't think they should be sold in this hobby at all. They are caught and put up for sale so small, and it's so misleading. I'd bet that 99% of the people that buy them cannot provide for their needs long term.

i did get one...i had to get it...my little girl when nuts for it...and shes 1 year old...i will get a big tank....im think something close to 300g...and what i wanted to know is he mean,does he move alot..what live food will he eat...and how big will he have to be to eat life food...

He will swim around but nothing like tangs ro chromis. He's kinda like a clown fish. Try him on the mysis and plankton first for feeding, then at about 4-5" he might go after the live food. Thats when you will see him grow like crazy. So keep him on the can food as long as you can.

Back