overflow opinion...

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
do you think two 1" overflows would work for my 150 gallon given that my pump can do about 1550 gph at peak? Or do you think I should go with 1.5?

O God I just clicked on that link in your sig, I have to vomit now....

Drill that tank or go with the most overflow you can, the more the better.

haha booyahh the hoff! I am drilling the tank and so that is why I am making sure to get some opinions on how big to go...

I had thought about doing two one inch pipes and then one 1.5" emergency drain drilled slightly higher than the other two but Im starting to think that idea may be ruhtarded.

I could go with two 1.5's or I could go with two 1"

Don't Hassle The Hoff! Love it!!

Although it makes me motion sick watching it...

Here's my favorite picture of the Hoff.

david-hasselhoff-img_2.jpg

WAIT! Stop. You need a 1 5/8" for a 1" bulkhead. The 1 3/4" Is too big and will give you leaks... As for the plumbing size, as long as you have two or more, the 1" will be just fine. I'd take a serious look at the bean animal plumbing before you make your final decision.

yeah I dont think im gonna go with bean's design. I am going to go with dual 1" one on each side of the tank. 44mm is what appears to be the correct size for the 1" bulkheads that I have been looking at and the information I have been getting but what I plan on doing is buying the bulkhead from the local hardware store and going off of that.

yeah I dont think im gonna go with bean's design. I am going to go with dual 1" one on each side of the tank. 44mm is what appears to be the correct size for the 1" bulkheads that I have been looking at and the information I have been getting but what I plan on doing is buying the bulkhead from the local hardware store and going off of that.
The packaging will confirm the right hole size, but I can tell you, schedule 40 = 1 5/8", schedule 80 = 1 3/4" do not exceed those sizes or you will have leaks!

Back