Organic Stench from tank

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Put a fan on my tank yesterday because we've had an unusually hot March and April. An hour or so later I smell something bad all over the room. It was organic like something dead. Did not see anything dead in tank. An hour or so later the smell is gone. Ever had this happen?

Well last night when I got home, I had a horrible smell that smelled like crap in my room where the tank is, but I think my big hermit crab had killed a snail, or it was cause the protein skimmer was full, I'll let you know if it's still there when I get home but it could be something similar.

Yeah, it's been 80's the past 2 days. Even hit 90 the other day. I've had to turn on the AC yesterday. Sometimes, when the basement gets warmer, it does have a stench, but goes away after a while (either that or I just get used to the smell LOL

My 10g stunk to high heaven. But that was due to poor filtration.

Maybe the raise in temperature caused the smell to just be more pronounced until you got used to it. It's like my ferret....I'm used to his smell, so I don't smell him. But people who come into the basement where he stays, it hits them really hard.

Back