Noob ? of the day

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
im looking for a place to buy a pair of black ocerllaris clowns. (Paired means a male and a female correct?) Is there a site online where i can purchase a pair and not just a single clown??

Liveaquaria.com has pairs fairly regularly, check the regular site and the WYSIWYG Divers Den. Very reputable vendor as well.

You will have a hard time finding a mated pair of black/white clownfish.I checked the Diver's Den each day and the email notification they send to me.I haven't seen a pair sold the past six months.The tank bred black/white clowns are all juveniles.Buy two and your chances are good one will become female,the other will stay male.An even better chance is buy one larger than the other which may or may not be possible.All the black/white that I've seen at the LFS were all pretty much the same size.

wow, i didnt expect them to be rare. I just thought i wasnt looking hard enough. So reeffreak, youre saying instead of looking for a pair of black ocserllaris clowns try to find two black and white false percs as juveniles and one might end up being the female?

Reef did you see the crazy priced clarion angel? with papers no less! holy 3500 dollar fish batman! Back to the clowns

i bought the black and white false percs the other day and my dad told me the percs will mature to be orange, i dont know if thats true but it might be

i just realized i have asked this question before a while ago, sorry about that guys.

will mature to be orange?! i tell you sometimes these fish arent what they appear to be..lol. anyone else ever heard this??

fish maturing and changing colors is not a rare thing. lots of angels do it as well as the orange shoulder tang. they start out yellow and turn into two different shades of gray

these fish won't mature to be orange, they will stay black and white. I think they are awesome fish, but rare. check out substainableaquatics.com I think it is.

wow, i didnt expect them to be rare. I just thought i wasnt looking hard enough. So reeffreak, youre saying instead of looking for a pair of black ocserllaris clowns try to find two black and white false percs as juveniles and one might end up being the female?

Buying them isn't rare.Buying them as a mated pair is rare.Yes buy them as juveniles(most sold are).They start life off as males and change to female.Try to find one at least slightly larger than the other.

I serious don't know if black/white percula and ocellaris are two different fish.I believe most of the tank bred black/white are ocellaris and perc is just thrown in there as a nickname.Most start out with orange and become nearly all black and white when they mature except maybe around the mouth area.

I saw the Clarion Angel Ryan.Wowee,that is one stunning looking fish in beauty and price.No angel tank would be complete without one(are you listening Doc?)

Last edited:
Back