New Live Rock

I got a pic of him, but it's TOO HARD to see because of the angle and he's almost the same color as the rock... now he's disappeared. No point in sending the pic because I can barely make out in the pic and I know where he's at and what i'm looking for.

He's definitely not an arrow crab. I googeld it..I've seen them at the LFS...I've never seen one of these things.

The guy that the I got the rock from said that's what happened to the blue starfish bad leg it got eaten by a harlequin.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo.. I found him..Here's his ugly ass. He's a Pom Pom crab. Never heard of him...But that's definitely him..crazy lookin'

Attachments

• pompom.webp
    pompom.webp
    16 KB · Views: 132
I just checked it says reef safe...I guess when he's attacked he shakes his pompoms...Not a very tough crab.. Proof that Mother Nature has a terrific sense of humor.

I told you he was crazy looking. I didn't lie.

Last edited:
When I saw him in the tank, this is how he looked...this is a pic off google. but a better depiciton of what they look like in real life.

Also, Biff was just giving instrucitons on how to feed a ricordea...I know nothing about these things, what am I supposed to feed them? And how? and how often...I got it on accident with the rock.

Attachments

• boxer_crab-mdPICT0000.webp
    boxer_crab-mdPICT0000.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Pom pom crabs are AWESOME! That's a really great hitch hiker find! The pom poms are actually tiny anemones -- it waves them around because the anemones will sting any potential attackers. The anemones can be tough to keep alive, so if your tank is new the anemones probably won't survive very long. Then it will just be a bald pom pom crab :( For feeding, the crab will eat leftover fish food and other meaty stuffs.

Saltwater Aquarium Crabs for Marine Aquariums: Pom Pom Crab

Back