New lighting test?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
I'm hanging new LEDs and was wondering if I would damage my Zoas or Mushrooms if I did a short test tuning up the intesity of the lights. It would only be 5 seconds or so max but I don't want to hurt my corals either. Right now they are barely on (dimmable) so the coral can properly acclimate to new lights.

I'm nearly speachless. I had no idea. Colours I thought were bright were just an illusion. These this GLOW! I didn't know such colours were made by nature! I can't wait till I can power these things up and buy some frags.

Most LED fixtures will do that to coral. The intensity of the Blue is what is making your other colors pop out at you. Having the ability of dimming is an added feature that will allow you to dial it in to really see a lot more of the colors on a more consistent basis.

Yes there are some nice colors. I also noticed, on now the fourth day, that some of the palyos I had the were very tall are now about half as tall. I had the lights up to about 40% but dialed them back a bit. My GSP is looking a bit white/pink so I'm going to give it a few more days before I turn the power up again. The Zoas seem to like the new light! Mushrooms and fish could seem to care less at this point.

Back