New ATI Purple Plus

I used Fiji Purple on my 29g tank and liked it. The ATI Purple Plus is supposed to be just like a FP, but have high PAR like a ATI Blue Plus. So I ordered a combo of each of them to see how it works out. I ordered:

(4) ATI Blue Plus
(1) ATI Purple Plus
(1) Fiji Purple
(1) 14000k
(1) 6500k

Hopefully I see some good color and growth results from that combination.

might have to try it... I know Fiji Purple enhances growth of Pink, Purple, and Red. I'm about to order new bulbs... might incorporate this into the mix.

haven't seen ati purple yet have to try, just spent 380 bucks on all new geisemann bulbs for my 72" nova pro and 48" Tx5 fixture. I usually just run 4 rows of aqua blue and 2 rows of actinic + in nova pro and in 5 bulb tx5 i run 3 aqua blue and 2 actinic plus. I use to run fiji purple bulbs in mix but i think i get more growth with aqua blues.

I just Ordered:
(3) ATI Blue Plus
(1) ATI Purple Plus
(1) UVL Super Actinic
(1) ATI Aquablue Special 12k

Decided to try out the Purple Plus instead of the Fiji Purple. I only have a few pink/purple/red colors in my tank anyways. I'm *guessing* that the Purple Plus is to the Fiji Purple as the Blue Plus is to Actinics. Enhances color but still has daylight properties. Therefore the Fiji Purple prolly has better color enhancement of Pink, Purple, and Reds but Purple Plus has more PAR. Just my guess. Also Purple Plus is -$10 :mrgreen:

However I won't have a Fiji Purple or a PAR meter to compare so :ugh:

Back