New Add to my tank

LionFish

Resident Photoshopper
Yesterday I went to my LFS and worked out some trades :mrgreen:

I got 20 lbs of Live rock A leather and a nice rock with some polyps on it
I also got some Kent coral-vite and will get the purple up on my next Visit

I will post some pics of my freebies ASAP!!

You will hear all kinds of mixed reviews on it. Biff likes it yote thinks its a waste of money, and I hav,nt used it but agree with yote because if you have your calcium and alk right it will come on its own.

Well, I agree with yote on it being a waste since if your water is right, it will grow, however, I have thought of buying it to see how well it speeds it up. Right now I have the coraline spreading very nicely but I must admit I am curious if I can make it cover everything alot faster. Still debating the thought so we will see in time. I will start a thread if I decide to try it.

Lionfish post pics when you can.I'm kinda feel like Bobby on purple up.I've use it in the past and didn't notice any difference.I believe if you keep calcium where it should be than it will come.Make sure you test your calcium before using it.

I have been using caribsea aragamilk, which seems to keep everything where it needs to be and i have been noticing a good spread in my tank so i am not too sure how much more it really could be sped up

Biffs seen my 30gal and how much coralline it has.But I couldnt get it grow on nothing when I was using purple up.Once I stopped using it,the coralline took off and covered everything.

Yote's right about that -- he's got amazing coralline coverage in his tank! EVERYTHING is purple...especially all the equipment. Whatever the secret to coralline growth is, Yote found it for sure.

Theres no secret to it.Just the right combination of calcium and alkalinity and light.If I can grow it,any body can grow it.

Heres an update to my tank I had redone my Rock to make a bigger cave and a few shelfs

Pets004.jpg

As you can see my photo skill Blow like my K3 Powerhead ~ :frustrat:
POLYPS if you can see em'
Pets010.jpg

My Leather
Pets011.jpg

Pets009.jpg

WOW the camera really picks up on the mess my stand is. Im gonna clean that right away !

I moved the leather to the bottom left of the tank so the lionFish wouldn't knock it down when he goes after Food And i think it looked Silly in the middle of the tank the polyps are really popping out !
Any help you can give on Tank photography will be Great ! a link or what ever you have !

Google's Pacasa is a great download to help fix up pictures.Its totally free unlike Photoshop.BTW your tank is coming along nicely,I would add little more rock though....best of luck.

Both my tangs eat like Crazy !
I feed them Frozen brine shrimp, Krill, Plankton, Flake food, Corndog left overs lol !!!

Back