Need Help Quick! Decisions!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I am about to pick up my rock and sand this weekend from Tampa Bay Saltwater.

I have to spend an additional $50 on stuff but I am not sure what to get.

Here is what I am getting as of now for my 80 Gallon Tank.

40 dry rock
80 live rock
80 sand
40 bl hermits
30 astrea
2 cuke
S shrimp
2 star

I am going to be putting some of that sand and a bit of rock into my refugium,

So my choices are kind of like this.

A) 10 Pounds more of live rock

B) 20 pounds more of dry rock and 2 more starfish

C) 20 pounds of dry and 6 more crabs and 6 more snails

I just don't know if using an additional 20 pounds of dry rock was a bad idea as opposed to using only 10 pounds of the live since it will be live in maybe a few months. I mean surface area is better right.

Anyway what do you guy and gals think?

I am ordering in maybe 30 minutes so thanks.

You may want to wait on the CUC until your cycle is complete. I do believe that John will hold them until its ready. Also you may find you want more sand than that. I would go with the 10 pounds more live rock.

Yeah those animals come after the first cycle. They give it to you in parts. Part 1 and Part 2.

Usually the second is less intense I suppose so the animals are cool.

At least that is how they do it. I mean you may know this but I was just saying it says on their site.

Yea I got my base rock from John, great guy and really knows his stuff. I personally love my base rock, its so stable when stacked. I think I will probably be going through reefcleaners to the the CUC though.

I originally am getting 40 Dry and 80 Live but I am adding to the amount I am spending which can get me and additional 10 Live or 20 Dry

So in the end it is either 60 Dry and 80 Live or 40 Dry and 90 Live

That was what I wanted to do but thanks for the push. My empty tank is soon to be filled with life yayayayyaa.

I wish I could keep my UV pump stuck to the side of the tank. The little cups work for like 2 hours and pop off the glass ughhh.

I wanted to plumb it with PVC to the bottom of the tank but I can't find small enough PVC for my Quiet One. It says 1/2 inch but there is a small gap in the connection.

I tried the fountain section but no luck.

Oh it is on the outside but the pump is on the inside. It has no inlet so I submersed it. I will be adjusting location when the rocks are in. I kind of want to cover it up with the rock. Even if it sits in the back it would be ok and actually perfect.

I even have my heater dead center in the back of the tank. It is one of those Fluval "E" Series Heaters | Heaters | PetSolutions

I got additional pump and heater for my BRUTE Can for water changes and stuff. Just got my RO/DI system yesterday in the mail. It is huge its a 4+1 Reef System from the filter guys. I snagged a total replacement with my order so I don't have to worry about it. was only $288 delivered. Got to install that tonight maybe after I workout. That is if I have time.

Here is my tank. Aquarium Header

It doesn't show the heater and the top is now brown.

Also the Skimmer and stuff are in and the power strip is being swapped for a digital timer type and moved out of water spills way. That strip is cool but not too safe as I found out with a leaky UV tube but I totally fixed that with clamps.

If you are starting new id go with 40 live 80 dry you will save a lot of money and by the time the tank cycles it will have mostly become live, no point in wasting money.

Back