Need A Cleaner Crew

i would like to get an octopus to feed the crappy crabs to it

yes that is exactly my plan when i get my octopus. im tired of crab warfare. It makes us all realize that when someone asks you why your so crabby that it really does mean someting, cause they are all jerks!

hell you heard the story about crab one and crab two right?

Just remember size dosnt matter!

fish002-2.jpg

I have a scarlet leg crab and he is cool, its the lil blue legged bastards that kick the snot out of my snails, not one astrea left, and the crabs couldnt even fit in the shells, they were stalking them on the glass. My emerald is chill, hes kind of a comedian, flexes his claws at me but tottally harmless, he eats everything too. leftover food, algae, whatever is there..
My tank runs about 78-79 degrees and margaritas dont last 3 days in there... way too hot...

Yep you're right about the margaritas. They kick the bucket pretty quickly in reef tanks. I don't know why people even sell them as cleaners for reef tanks... My crabs have decimated the snail population of my tank, I am going completely 100% hermit free for the cleaner crew in my new tank because of this. They managed to kill two red footed conchs and two queen conchs in my tank, and lik Mik said, they don't even use those shells :(.

My poor little margarite snails........ :sniffles:

I didn't know they weren't really reef snails. I've been reading up on them and it appears they are more suited to temps of 45-50F. My tank is pretty steady at 78F

I feel so bad for them, but what do ya do?

Kinda pisses me off that the LFS told me they were great snails and would be perfect for my brown algae. :grumble: And the kicker is-- you KNOW that they are fully aware these snails will kick over dead in a few weeks at best.

What else can you do with them? I could take them out and put them in a rubbermaid bin, but it's still like 72F in there. (room temp) That would only prolong the agony for them.

Snails for dinner next week, I guess. :shock: Poor little guys.

Back