nano powerhead?

well i tried a maxijet 1200 because i know some people have put 240 gph in a 10 before and the maxi1200 was 290 and it created like a hurricane hah ill try a maxi600 or something

whered you have it pointed?i had it shooting toward the top of the tank and it nearly shot out... did you have it really low? i had mine pretty high perhaps it needed more room to lessen the momentum

I just put a hydor pico evo-mag powerhead, the 300gph in my 10 gallon nano. I have it in the top left rear corner by my skimmer outlet, and it easily pushes from that side to the other and back. I love it and my corals seem to also!
It has an adjustable flow, so you can slow it all the way down to about 50gph, and the end rotates so its not always flowing in just one spot... almost like a wavemaker without the shutting on and off

whered you have it pointed?i had it shooting toward the top of the tank and it nearly shot out... did you have it really low? i had mine pretty high perhaps it needed more room to lessen the momentum

I had it halfway down, in a back corner. Pointed diagonally towards the front of the tank. It definitely moved some water!

hmm well i just ordered the adjustable koralia 100-260 gph powerhead for nanos so i think that will be perfect... i much prefer the look of this one over the classic pump look of the maxis...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Koralia-Controllable-Powerhead-100-260/dp/B001EUI7SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1280537518&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Hydor Koralia Nano Controllable Pump/Powerhead 12V LV 100-260 GPH: Home & Garden[/ame]

Back