my tank

steelcity

Reefing newb
here's some pics of my tank as requested. all were taken with my iphone so not the greatest. New pick up today was a small rock that had some blue xenias on it. When I got home i noticed on the side a hard coral on it. Looks like a small brain perhaps, not sure. Only paid $5 for the small xenias and i got an extra bonus.

First pic is general one of my 16 bowfront
tank1.jpg

Second is a little closer, can see my lone mushroom and six line
tank2.jpg

Third you can see the black clown and six line with mushroom
tank3.jpg

Fourth is the new pickup. Hard to see the xenias but you can see the bonus pickup on the side
tank4.jpg

Fifth is my small colony of button polyps
tank5.jpg

Sixth is just a general one
tank6.jpg

one question i have is about one of my mexican turbos. I have two larger ones and a medium size one. I dont know if the smaller is one is "slow" or a little off but I always find him flipped over at some point during the day. I don't know if he gets tired of sucking to the glass or what. I flip him back over and away he goes.

Will he flip himself back over without me doing it or will he be stuck and eventually get picked at by the hermits and the peppermint?

Turbos aint very smart.:D
They cant right themselves on sand.They cant get enough grip.So if you dont flip them over,they die.

turbos can be a right pain, you've got to keep an eye on them.

nice tank, never thought I would say this but I actually like it without a background colour, looks nice and open.

that is some beautiful dark purple coralline going on there. Very nice tank. Those damn turbos are a pain in the butt, mine keep falling over all the time too like sometimes twice or even three times aday.

not sure it's alive tbh, a couple of things that definitely are alive are the two aiptasia anemones in pic 5. I would keep an eye on them and try and get rid if they get any worse, they're a right pain because if you try and kill them now you risk them multiplying due to attacking them and if you don't kill them they are very unsightly.

I started off with one which just got bigger for months, one day I tried to kill it, now I have hundreds :(

I had about 18 or so of them. Then last week I went down to the Keys on vacation. When I came back there are only those two and 1 more on the backside left. I guess my peppermint had a feast while i was gone. I guess because I didn't feed them for a few days, he went looking. Might have to not feed the tank for a couple days to get him to finish the job.

look at pictures of camel shrimp and pepermint shrimp they aften get sold as the same thing and you dont want a camel in your reef

i haven't had any problems with my turbos (yet), they definitly do some damage on algae. those little bastards are non stop eating machines

Back