my tank

daugherty

part time reefer
Well next week i am going to tear it down. the colonial hydroids are everywere. tonight i had to change the tubes for the drain and returne since they were full of alage from the lights in the sump. the sump is a whole new problem in it self now. i got rid off all the cheto that was in there since the only thing it did was plug my pump up all the time. so here is what i am going to do. pull everything out clean the hell out of the rock and soak the ones that have the hydroids on them in high satration kalk water to try and kill them. pull my sump out and change the sand since i i do not want to mess with a dsb and put the sand back in the tank after it is all stirred up. so there is 80 or 90 pounds of sand that i need to go and get. the new hoses i put on i spray painted so that the light can got penetrate it anymore. my pump was barely pushing any water. man this next week end is going to be a big one i think.

oh i sould have said that the baffle on the pump side broke that is why i have to pull the sump apart in the first place

Back