My new MegaFlow#4 sump/refugim

Ariel110G

Reefing newb
So last Sunday I got my MegaFlow#4 sump/refugim up and running for my 110g tank, So I got the bio balls, 4in of live sand with miracle mud, live rock & macro algae in it, my question is when will I start to see a difference in the water quality, when with the sump start controlling & lowering the Nitrate???

Attachments

• CR Plano Tinted 018.webp
    CR Plano Tinted 018.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,891
Last edited:
It may take a few weeks for you to see a change in water quality. But i would remove the bioballs and put some rubble in that section. Unless you clean the bioballs frequently it will cause more problems than it solves.

So my sump now is been running for the past month, I don’t think there is good water flow in the sump I was thinking of adding a powerhead to the sump, do you guys have a powerhead in your sump??? & if I need to get one which one to get??

And for my sump light, I have 2 9W compact, is that good?

Sure you can add a powerhead, and i would aim for maybe 60 watts if you have lots of surface area to cover, or maybe 30 if you have a smaller area

This is the light I use for my fuge ( Funny I just posed this same image in another post LOL). Watts and Kelvin are important. I found that 6500K was just right for growing chaeto.

0004316885397_180X180.jpg

I have a powerhead in my sump, to shake off algae from my chaeto.

This is the light I use for my fuge ( Funny I just posed this same image in another post LOL). Watts and Kelvin are important. I found that 6500K was just right for growing chaeto.
I have a powerhead in my sump, to shake off algae from my chaeto.

what powerhead brand / type you have in your sump?

Back