mushroom problem/Identification

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
i guess my first question is can anybody tell me what kind of mushroom this is so i can do some research

the second question is, this mushroom hasnt looked like this pic in weeks, they are deflated, not as bright, and generally look like crap

ive moved them to many spots in the tank and cant seem to find a happy spot for them

im trying to figure out if they arent getting enogh light...too much light, too much flow...not enough flow etc.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC_0094.webp
    DSC_0094.webp
    26 KB · Views: 374
i figured the same thing
i just cant figure out why they wont expand like that picture i posted, which is about 3 or 4 weeks old

Im ready to try taking them from one extreme and work them gradually to the next

like bottom of tank, low light, low flow, to top of tank high light, high flow

they dont need a lot of light so i would put them more toward the bottom and leave them for a few days then move them up 3 or 4 inches and so on.

so i guess, bottom of the tank, possibly under a partial overhang????
should be a good start
i hate to lose them, they are very cool when inflated

As others said, put them low in the tank. I had over eleven purple mushrooms. Only one survived (now there are two) because it took a while to accept that they should be near the bottom. They are now in a spot that is shaded.

Start at the bottom, and leave them there for at least a week before you move them again. They will expand to absorb light, so if they are getting too much light, they will shrivel up and close (kinda like you squinting your eyes in the sun).

Back