more on the skimmer

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Well, it has a little rattle, that annoys my wife alot more than myself. And the hiss was pretty annoying, but I did the paper towel trick and that helped ALOT. I read it will quiet up after a few weeks or two and it seems to have a bit already, so if this is as bad as it gets I'll be more than satisfied. The only thing is I don't know how well its working. I got a pile of discharge the first few hours last night, but is was more like a light green water than anything. I kept raising the collection cup and at this point its as far up as it can go. Since last night its slowed right down and I probably have about 1/4" of green liquid since 10:00 but it is still very wet....I don't know if I'm actually getting anything at this point as there is no foam making its way up the tube anymore.

Oh, BTW....My diatoms have disappeared by at least half since I installed the skimmer and filters last night. I don't know if its just coincidence but my tank looks half decent again. And my water is clear.....cept for the microbubbles.....lol

Last edited:
Back