more lighting inquiries!!!

There is no comparison between the two. One has 4 bulbs and one has 8.
What size is your tank. Is this light for the display tank or the sump you just got?
Sorry need more information.

sorry I have a 150 gallon 48 x 24 x 30 deep and the light I am going for is for the main display...mainly reef tank. I just know so little about lighting that I dont even know which to select. The 8 bulb or ok with the 4.

that is exactly the type of information and suggestions that I am after. I like that light and I would say that price is pretty darn reasonable too

haha yeah 14, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, and 1.5 lol...plus two dogs four cats four snakes and say...30 fish. Were a full house. So if anyone wants to surprise me with some gifted lighting haha :D

I have two 250W MH in my 150G (20K).

I started adding coral about six weeks ago. I have LPS, zoanthids and mushrooms. Everything is doing very well. My torch has gotten noticeably bigger in the last six weeks. I've been told by friends that I could do SPS if I put it up high and centered under the light, but most on this site would probably say no.

That's the Kelvin Rating -- basically the color of the bulb.

The lower the number, the more yellow the color. The higher the number, the more blue the bulb. so 10K bulbs are white -- anything less than that is yellow. 12K and 14K are just right, IMO -- a good balance of blue and white. 20K is very blue.

The whiter the bulb, the faster corals tend to grow, but their colors look washed out an kind of ugly. If you go bluer (higher K ratings), their colors really stand out and pop, but they tend to grow slower.

So it's a trick to find a nice balance between good growth and good appearance when picking out bulbs.

Back