mold?

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
Ok so I have a 20 gallon that I have been just messing around with trying to get a habit of checking water specs and stuff and all seems to be going well. I have two pieces of live rock and two piece of lace rock in there. I have three feather dusters, a few bristle worms and a :pooh:load of peanut worms all of which seem to be doing rather good. I have a powder fine sand at the bottom of the tank... Ok so one side of my tank is starting to get a brown substance on the glass. Didnt think much of it but tonight got to reaching my hand in there and decided to run my finger through it just to see what happens... it smells a whole lot like your average every day run of the mill mildew. Anyone come across this and if so is there something I am doing wrong/right...can someone shed some light on this?
:bowdown::bounce:

I would think its a diatom bloom. Normal for a new tank. I would just clean the glass. It will take about a week or so and you wont see it anymore. For now you could leave it alone or run a scrubber over it. Like I said I would clean it. Do you have flow in the tank?

Back