MH question

hoopsdaddy

This is my reef club....
I am doing a DIY metal halide setup for my reef tank. I was wanting to know if there is a difference in performance between the HID lamps and the T style mogel base lamps? Which is best?
Also where is the best place to buy reflectors for the one you suggest?

Thanks for the help.

or if you wanna save some money you can go dumpster diving at a warehouse like store i.e home depot, costco, publix. they all use MH lighting and they sometimes throw them out to upgrade and you could get lucky and fine one or two

I ment the double ended vs. the mogel base. Any difference between light output and life?????
No. The only difference between the 2 bulbs is a single ended bulb is already encased in a UV shield and you must have a UV shield on the reflector for a DE bulb.

Reflectors range from $20 each to over $100 each. Check out Hello Lights for reflectors. They have a nice selection, good prices and are great to deal with.

Ok first of all thanks for the help thus far on the MH questions and all the other questions that I have been asking.
Next question. I already have a 175MH setup. Would it look good and work well to have 3 MH lights in this order. 250W MH-175WMH-250W MH with Power compact or VHO suppliment?
Or should I just go 2 400W MH with pc or VHO sup?
Will this be a good start for my 165gal that I want to do some SPS in?

Back