Marine S.A.T.

kevinsimons

Reefing newb
Just curious if any of you jumped on the thread a few weeks back and bought this stuff - and what your feelings are? I'm still battling hair algae, but it DOES seem to be less of a problem than before - still, this stuff is far from the Miracle Cure it promised to be, although I'm only into my 3rd week with it...

worked for me and i ran out, need some more, check your ro/di water make sure it test good, and make sure you have good flow in tank. what kind of powerheads you have. I feed only every three days also frozen food mostly all my fish either eat pods or algae so no need to feed to much. If your bulbs start getting old and don't have same output that could cause algae blooms also but the best way to deal with algae is a sump full of chaeto to use up all of nitrates and phosphates so algae will not grow in display tank.

I started using it because I was getting hair algae on two rocks in my tank. The rocks were weird shapes and jutted out into the front of the tank, so it was difficult to get sufficient flow around them to keep crap from getting trapped in them.

I didn't see any difference whatsoever until the third or fourth week. Then, it seems, overnight, all the cyano and hair algae disappeared. I had to give away my sea hare to a friend because there was literally not one bit of food left in the tank.

I am still dosing weekly, but in a couple weeks will probably move to the monthly maintenance dose. It is very expensive, especially dosing 300 gallons worth weekly, but man did it do the job. I have never seen anything like that before.

i'm hoping with my 75 gallon i'm setting up since the fuge is 32 gallon(oceanic trickle filter model 150) that since i have such a large area for chaeto that growing caulupra fern and chaeto will be enough to take up all nutrients in water so i don't have to dose it all the time. My 125 gallon tank has a stand with drawers in it so no sump under it just hang on fuge that is only good for breeding pods in. next project is to tear down 125 and get a standard stand so i can put a 55 gallon sump underneath that tank.

Back