lolgarf rock

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so I made an honest effort at the garf rock method...actually didnt turn out too bad except I couldnt find the white portland cement so for practice used the good old grey stuff. Here is some pics of that...also I have a rock in my fw fish tank that I think might also be a good candidate to seed with live rock. This rock is juuust about everywhere out in the desert here and many of the LFS harvest and sell by the pound. I however have a large sledgehammer and chisel haha!

garf.jpg

closeup.jpg

rock.jpg

local.jpg

:bowdown::bounce:

HAH!!! someone told me you were from boise and said I should get ahold of you to see if there were any local resources you would recommend!!!
:bowdown::bounce:

Awesome! Did you check Home Depot for the Portland cement? That's where I got mine. Make sure you cure it for 6-8 weeks!!! Since it's cold outside, see if you can do it indoors, otherwise it will take a long time to cure. Make sure you check PH after a few weeks to make sure the PH is stable. My PH is still going up, so I'm still curing mine. Make more :)

Thats not a bad color IMHO.I'd probably use it.It'll eventually end up being purple and pink anyhow.:D
Be carefull with rock that you pick up outside.It could have some metals in it that can kill your tank.

It was incredibly easy, I made mine in my living room watching tv! My wife hates it and is dead set on the tufa. If I could find a tufa providor that didn't require an arm and a leg for shipping I would do that. If anyone knows any let me know that rock that I have in my freshwater doesn't seem to be a harm at all I might test it later down the road

Back