live rock finally !!!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Well,:bowdown: BIff, Yote and REEF !!! i finally was able to get some live rock :^:!! NOw its only 5 lbs worth, but it is a start right !! its cured branch rock !!!
see what you think, and let me know . thanks
feb22012.JPG

feb22007.JPG

feb22004.JPG

feb22005.JPG

feb22002.JPG

feb22001.JPG

wow, thank you everyone !!!!!!! Goose the tank is 24 inches high, and the sand originally was 3 inches, but it is deeper now in some places because the goby moves it all around and the tomato like fanning it out in the front , that is why it looks real deep in the front. The caves were my main goal. that way the fish can still hide but everyone can still see them. Piggy the rock with the whole is "mator's" home the clown fish, he loves it !! the rock is mostly base reef rock that has been in the tank from the begining, only added about about 8 lbs a month ago which is about 40 lbs total , but still didnt have any live rock. !! So i got lucly with the tonga branch that was fully cured at my LFS. It was 7.99 per pound and it looked better then the cured fiji rock !! hopefully the rock will seed the rest and i can add like 10 more puonds of licve less which will be less then an inch !!! thanks again everyone.

oh yeah!!!!!! as soon as the tax money comes in i will be getting the nova extreme t-5's and a few more lbs of rock. let the tank stablize for a month of 2 then start adding some of the corals from my wish list thread!!

Ray I think your tank looks full enough IMO id just let ur base rock seed unless ur gonna replace some base with live, my 2 cents.

i have a couple base pieces of rock at the top of the piile that i will replace will live rock, and maybe get a couple more pieces of tonga branch, i like the way that looks!

How wide is your tank? Would you be better of with one halide with like a 14k bulb. You wouldn't need to run actincs and you would have enough light to grow anything.

well the tank is a hex tank and from one side to another it is about 22 inches. I'm not to familar with halides and I think they might heat up my tank too much ??? Shouldnt i run actinics a half hour before and after the sun lamps ???? that is what i don now but with 15 w flourecents ????? i run a 420 actinic and 10,oook ?

Back