Lighting and Starter

since the length of your tank is only 15 inches you best bet is a clip on metal halide fixture and a 14k phoenix bulb. something like this would be great since it has a fan on it to keep the water cool and it can stand pretty high off the water so there isnt a lot of heat transfer

that's just a lot of money to put into a 14g biocube....

unless you're wanting to stay with the 14g biocube why not put that money towards a larger setup?

Nathan is right... With the Bio Cube you can keep low light corals. If you want to keep anything more than low light corals, you are better off just buying a bigger tank. You'll be able to keep a lot more in it.

I'd be hesitant to recommend to someone to spend a lot of money right off the bat. If you enjoy having your Bio Cube over time, then it will be much easier to make the decision to spend more money on better lights.

I'm gonna see how well i do with th Cube- then i have five tanks in the basement to choose from- Do people trade tanks on the classifieds. I have 75, 55, 20L 30 2 10 and a 35 high oak- i think I'm gonna keep the oak for my next reef

keep one of your bigger tanks for a qt tank that Way you can qt any fish you buy in copper to treat them for ich or any other disease they may have before you add them to your display. that will save you a ton of headache on the long run.

+1 Daugherty
If you really plan on a reef in the future, use the 75 for the reef, use the 55 for the sump and keep the 35 for a quarantine tank.
I also agree that you don't want to dump alot of $$ into the Biocube.

Back