Light Time

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
What time of the day and how long should I have my light on my tank? I have heard anywhere from 8 to 10 hours. Little backround of what I have, LR, 2 fish, some inverts, and a mushroom coral. I do plan on getting an automatic timer to turn the lights on, because now I have to be at work at 7:00am and this is when I turn my light on and by the time I get home it has already been 8 hours so I don't get the time to enjoy my tank. When I get my timer does it really matter what time I have the light come on. I would like it to go on at 2:00pm so I can have it on until 10:00pm before I go to bed.

8 to 10 hours is good. I run mine about 12 to 14 on work days because I work 12 hours with a 1 hour drive time each way, on off work days I run them about 10 hours.

Would it matter if I would have them on from 2pm to 10pm? Does this have a bad effect on the fish? Meening that it is light outside that long before I turn on the light on the tank?

I run mine 10:00-7:00 due to the tank being by a window it gets light in the morning and due to the fact the lights are on in the living room during the evening it gets light that way.

Back