Light question...

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Ok got a good one for ya here. Seeing as I only have a 20" deep tank do I really need MH or can I get away with PC's or T5's?

What I am looking has these specs:
2-96 watt 10,000K Daylight
2-96 watt 03 Blue Actinic Compact Fluorescent Lamps
2 built in ballasts,
4-3/4 watt Lunar Blue Moon Glow LED Lamps
2 cooling fans
Link below...
Coralife Lunar Aqualight Powercompact Aquarium Lighting

Approx 3.1 watts per gallon. I know, not enough for high end stuff(anenomies, etc)

My conundrum(spelling) is the next one up has 576 watts for more than twice the price. Would it be possible to add a 2nd light bar, same specs as above, bumping me to 6.2 watts per gallon and be effective for anenomies, and light intensive livestock? Just set them next to each other, they are skinny enough to place both on top on the tank...

I honestly do not want to do MH. Heat will be an issue and will be forced to purchase a chiller. Want to avoid it if possible...

Thanks ahead of time...

With a 20" deep tank,You'd love T-5s.
Less heat than halides,you only have to replace the bulbs every 18 months or instead of every 6 to 8 months,the bulbs are cheaper.
Plus you can keep anything under them that you can with halides.

How easy is it to find T5's that are 72 inches long? been a while since I looked a lights and equip, but that would be one thing to think about.

You use that light Reef? If so, will that be enough for anything I want in my tank? If so, this is the one I will go with. Looks sweet..

Well this is the thing...........

What look I'm going for may not be what you like.I prefer heavy on the bluish but with a hint of purple and pink.Give Premium Aquatics a call and maybe they can help or give Reefgeek a call,they can definitely help you out.I do recommend the ATI and UV bulbs for best PAR and GE for best 6500k or 3000k bulbs.

Good luck and if you decide on the Aquactinics,I sure you'll love them.With 14 bulbs you can have any look you like and still have the proper light for everything.I still get tickled looking at how my corals and fish really stand out under those lights.

Back