Light Bulbs

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
As you all know I've been fighting algae. I'm beginning to think that my lighting may be part of the problem. Because when I put them on a sequence the algae seems less. So here is the question. I have 7 bulbs. Right now I have 2 actinics the other 5 I believe are aquablues. Are these alright or should I change some of the aquablues?

Strange bulb combination Piggy.I suppose less daylight bulbs will cut back on algae growth.I'm still a firm believer that nutrient is a larger factor than lighting.I believe your system is still young and with new lighting that its just a phase that will eventually pass.Darn,I had some horrendous cyano and diatoms when I first upgraded lighting.Try cutting back on the lighting several hours if you don't have any corals that need that much light.

What I'm thinking of doing is replacing either two or three of the aquablues+ for something else. The reason I have 5 of them they sent me the wrong ones. I'll never order from them again.

If you have that many daylight bulbs running, it's a good possibility that's contributing to your algae. Maybe switch out one or two more for actinics (since daylights contribute more to growth than actinics, which are mainly for color).

Back