Lifereef Refugium II

reeffreak

Reef pro
Okay everyone,I think everyone knew I recently purchase an All-Glass 210gal. megaflow.Heck,I figured you only live once.I've checked with other sites about Life Reef products and everyone says they make quality products but are expensive.I like to know what everyone thinks of this system,they can make changes like larger sump with internal skimmer instead and float valves for auto top-off to skimmer cut-off if the collection cup is full.It comes with whole nine yards.You know I'm not much into DIYing so tell me what ya think and what you might change.Here's the link(heart attack prone people don't click on price once you enter the site).....refugium, refugiums, LifeReefugium II, algae tanks

One more thing...anyone heard of the Aquactinics Constellation 72'' 14x39w T5-HO(individual reflectors).Tom at Aquactinics says I could keep anything,but he's a saleman.He did mention that he has 180 with the same fixture.I'm still weary though...Thanks guys/girls..help me out.

Shoot Reef,1400 bucks ain't that bad a price.:mrgreen:
Im like you,You only live once.I say if you got the cash,and its what you want,go for it.

BUT When its all up and running,and got corals in the tank,I wanna see it first hand:Cheers:

I know I'll be in the doghouse for this one yote.When I first saw the price,It was like..:shocking: I figured once I put together a system separately the price would be close to to that already.I'm 99.9% sure but that price keeps me from being 100% sure:-) .I need to make a decision here soon...its custom build and wouldn't be ready til mid July.BTW,yeah I might be in the doghouse but one :D :^: man.

Trust me,The doghouse aint half bad at times,lol And I never heard a dog give any back talk either,lol

works of art...if i could afford one ill be calling rigth now....thats what i call a killer refugium...if your goona buy it ..i envy you freak..thats why your tanks speaks for themselfs...you always gives them the best!!!

Man that thing looks awsome!! I could'nt pay that price though but what the heck. When you get I want to see pics also. I didnt know you got a 210 or I forgot. Can I see some pics of it? BTW do you have a slab foudation or is it in a basement?

I havent had any experiance with this system, however, after reviewing the data it appears to be sweet. get all the bells and whistles you can up front. make sure you properly size your protein skimmer and pumps sweet keep us posted.

yeah i have been looking at the Lifereef products for awhile and they are sweet, and for what comes with it the price isnt to bad. it seems high but you get everything you need. Jeff the owner is a great help and i was looking at the Reefugium II also but he suggested i go with the Berlin system with a add on refugium, idk if it is a big difference or that is just what he suggested for me but it is a little cheaper. as far as the Lifereef stuff goes, AWESOME in my opinion. keep us posted cause i am kinda in the same place you are ha.

Joe its all your fault,I was only thinking about going with it until you came along,.just kidding by the way.Bobby yeah I going big on this one,I'll post a pic of the tank here within the next couple of days.It maybe a while for the sump though,its custom built and won't be done til July.Thanks everyone for ya vote of confidence.I'll definitely try to get as many bells and whistles as I can.

Oh BTW,Joe,the Refugium II is pretty much a berlin sump/fuge.I want the skimmer in sump and the refuge out of the sump so we could be looking at something similar.I'll update soon on the Lifereef.

here's a link to the lights(any thoughts?)Thanks everyone Aquactinics......Aquarium Specialty

Not only is it a good but atleast you dont have to worry about some of the problems you run into with making or modifying your own, the system was designed and tested which would make me feel more secure about not having to worry about flooding or other things. very nice setup!

Another reason I like the system is all the plumping...pvc pipe,tubing,clamps,ball valves...no more running back and forth to the hardware store(I've done this before).Newb,yeah thats an added bonus,with the sump 58''long,I don't think flooding will be an issue.

Rigo,Yote...the lights don't come with the bulbs,its gonna be 250 more for them.Thats okay because I want my choice of bulbs.

Bobby,The floors were reinforce earlier this month for the place I want to put it or I my put it in the family room which is on concrete.

Thank everyone...hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pics up.

opps, just read my last post. at the beginning i meant to say, Not only is it a good price. lol sometimes im horrible when it comes to typing:frustrat:

oh well, back to the point. deffinetly need to post pics as things progress! Im like you and would like my choice of bulbs. the only thing that was keeping me from making my own lighting system on my tank is i seem to have bad luck when working with electricity :zap: and i wanted a fixture that i knew was opperating like it's suppose to so i figured i could change the bulbs for ones i would rather have a year down the road.

Newb,I suck around electricity too,so the lighting will have to be a complete fixture.Oh I wouln't go as far as saying its a good price.:shocking:

Daugherty ''PC's''...no way,T5's are light years ahead of PC's.Hamilton makes good fixtures but I'm not a fan of their products.Now MH is something I'm considering,my thinking is if I can accomplish the same goal with T5 then MH,then why not T5's at half the watts and half the electricity consumption.

i have never heard of t5's we dont get all the new technology here where i live our fish store here just started selling pc about 2 years ago if that. where can i find out more info about T5's

Wow your fishstore only started carrying PC's two years ago,they were the most popular lighting back when I started in 99',and prolly still the most popular today.There's a question and answer thread at Reefcentral.com under ''lighting,equipment''...titled ''T5's Q&A''.Although T5 are great,its really the individual reflectors with the T5's that really makes then special.It about par,efficiency,lumens or something like that,I'm no lighting expert.Google T5,T5 vs MH,T5 vs. PC.In the mean time I'll try to find some scientific data.

I can't remember where the site was,I did remember it said 580w of MH was comparable to 300w of T5(HO)Individual Reflectors(IR).,there are other variables involve so don't quote me on that such as depth.

I really dont even think you'd have to have the IRs.I took mine out of my novas,and my acros are in the bottom of the tank,just about 2 inches up off the sand and are thriving and growing.Plus the colors are great.

Reef,even at buying bulbs seperate,I think that would be an awesome light for SPS. And you wont get as much heat as the MHs.

Back