Led's

swninja

Reefing newb
oh happy day. i ordered my T5 fixture like a week ago and i finally got it. I think it may be the greatest thing ever (probably not). But compared to a single 48" 10k bulb, the new ones 2 10k's and 2 actinic's, you get the picture.

Now for the false advertising bastards at Seacoral. the fixture i received didn't have the led moonlights that were advertised on the site. i was sightly irate at first, but now that i've had a chance to chill out, drink a beer, and stare into my brighter than the surface of the sun tank, i think i'll be okay.

so here's the question. Do you really need the moonlights, or are they just kinda overkill?

thats kinda what i figured, but i wasn't sure if they helped corals or anything. I don't have any yet, but at some point i'm sure i will.

yeah, thats what i figured. i got one fish, and i think the little blenny is scared of the dark. thats when all the scary starfish come out. :frustrat:

The starfish just think their scary.Just wait till Mr.Blenny starts hearing those popping noises coming from rock in the night.

think he may have more than that to worry about. i just found a red worm with a bunch of white spikes that ate a blue legged hermit crab. so i started lookin around the tank. there was another one trying to get into a turbo snail. and now my girl is looking right now and just saw a huge one crawling out of a rock. what was that movie.... tremors. i guess i'm gonna be fishing all night

Those are probably bristleworms, which are harmless cleaners. If they are eating your cleaner crew, your cleaner crew was already dead. Bristleworms are some of the best cleaners you can get in your tank, and I'd advise against removing them.

Hahaha. Tremors. With Kevin Bacon. What a classic! I used to watch that movie as a kid.

yeah, as i was searching, my girl pulled a couple out and i googled the little bastards. i couldn't find a real good pic, but i kinda figured thats what they were. now to find the real culprit. the only thing i have in there is other hermits, the blenny, couple of starfish, and............. the emerald crab. he's got to be the guilty one. saw him wrapped up with a serpent star earlier. not really sure who was winning that deal, but they both came out alive.

Back