Kissing clown

You can't do much to help them in a display tank, because most medications will kill any inverts and your live rock and sand. If you want to set up a hospital tank for sick fish in the future, you would be able to medicate them with copper in it.

I had a similar thing happen to two of my clowns. The first one died then the second one got infected. But the second one eventually recovered after 2 weeks or so...

I dont know what it is either but if there is any hope for the fish, you should put it in a QT asap and make sure you look over the QT consistently. Daily if you can.

I dont think its an oxygen issue, if i had to guess, i would say its internal.

Sorry for your lost,it happens to us all at one time or another.

I haven't QT in awhile.I figured tangs and anthias would just stress to death in a 12 gallon QT.

Sorry for your lost,it happens to us all at one time or another.

I haven't QT in awhile.I figured tangs and anthias would just stress to death in a 12 gallon QT.

I could never get an anthias or a tang to live more than 2or 3 weeks in a QT five or so years ago. really like the anthias I was getting just don't remember the name but I will try again.

Get a Bartlett anthias,beautiful and hardy as far as anthias goes.Your right,you can't help tangs and anthias in small QT tanks.I believe I would need at least a 30g. to QT a tang.

The Bartlett kind of looks like the one I was trying to keep but it had a yellow stripe across the eye. I thing I will try the Bartlett they are schooling fish so more than one is okay, right.
I was going for a 20g Qt. Hope that will be enough.

Honestly,I'm not even sure you need to QT Bartletts.I have not read a thing about them getting Ich or any diseases.I guess better safe then sorry.Two females and one male would look great together.Everything I read says if you keep a school of them you would need a 125/6ft. tank or bigger.To me,I think 3 Bartletts or another smaller species of anthias will do fine in a 72.Be careful,they like to jump.

Back